“Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez dominated the South by Southwest conference with her mere presence, bringing in a larger crowd than any of the 2020 presidential contenders, all of whom were asked about her or her Green New Deal in their own sessions at the popular event…
…The crowd rose to its feet, whooping, cheering and hollering when Ocasio-Cortez entered, but, when she spoke, you could hear a pin drop….
…She slammed the treatment of minorities throughout recent American history from Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s New Deal, which she claimed was racist, to Ronald Reagan’s treatment of minorities.
She decried the idea of incrementalism, a belief in change via small steps, and said it took big sweeping ideas to make a difference.
- ‘This idea of like 10 percent better than garbage shouldn’t be something we settle for,’ she said.
- ‘We fix the pipes in Flint first. We fix the electrical grid in Puerto Rico first. And we fully fund the pensions of coal miners in West Virginia,’ she said to applause.
- ”It’s not the CEO that’s creating billions of dollars of value a year; it’s workers who are creating it,’ she said.
- ‘I think that the effort to divide to race and class has always been the tool of powerful to take away the control of the government from the every day working people,’ she told the crowd to great applause.
- ‘We seek and prioritize profit and the accumulation of money above all else … above any human and environmental cost,’ she said. ‘To me that ideology is unsustainable and it cannot be redeemed.’
“(Elizabeth) Warren was asked if the youngest member of Congress was under-hyped or overhyped?
‘Right hyped,’ the Massachusetts senator said.”
If you listen very carefully you can hear Tucker Carlson wailing, gnashing his teeth and calling for his mommy…