This is to be expected. Donald Trump lives in a complete dream world and naturally, the coronavirus will be treated accordingly, as something that isn’t very real either and that would in fact be just fine, if only his enemies would stop talking about it. After all, Trump doesn’t have the virus, so who cares about anybody else? In any event, Trump would have you know that right now, as we speak, and since the virus broke out, he’s been doing his usual stellar job.
….Democrats talking point is that we are doing badly. If the virus disappeared tomorrow, they would say we did a really poor, and even incompetent, job. Not fair, but it is what it is. So far, by the way, we have not had one death. Let’s keep it that way!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 26, 2020
This is what the New York Times says you need to know:
- Coronavirus pushes across Europe and Middle East, while U.S. prepares for outbreak.
- Brazil confirms coronavirus infection, the first in Latin America.
- As new cases soar in South Korea, a U.S. soldier there tests positive.
- European officials struggle to present a unified response.
- President Trump plans to hold a news conference with health officials.
The bottom line is that the number of infections outside China has outpaced those inside of it, which leads to the common sense conclusion that it is a world wide matter and not localized in China. Trump was claiming that a vaccine was on it’s way a few days ago in India. And what might that be? Love potion number nine? Let’s see what he says at his press conference this afternoon. That should be illuminating.