This week in the ongoing disaster film that is the Trump administration, now that we’ve had our first set of Impeachment Hearings we can now see the collective GOP curl itself into a tight ball of denial and delusion. They have but one duty, to make it look perfectly “reasonable” to want to try and implement an investigation of Ukraine, Burisma, Hunter and Joe Biden.
And right now the poster child of deep-dish delusion is currently Senator Lindsay Graham who has said it smell “fishy” for Hunter to have a job. Like apparently anywhere. Even though he also says “He loves Joe Biden, but…”
“I love Joe Biden as a person but we are not going to give a pass to what is obviously a conflict of interest. I believe Hunter Biden’s association on the Burisma board doesn’t pass the smell test. If a Republican was in the same position, they’d certainly be investigated!” Graham tweeted.
Graham’s comments come a few days after a clip resurfaced of Graham saying Biden was “as good a man as God ever created” and “the nicest person I think I’ve ever met in politics” in a 2015 interview with the Huffington Post.
As has been documented by the dread pirates at CNN, Hunter Biden is a Yale Law School educated attorney who likely commands a retainer fee about about $50k per month. He’s started his own investment firm, has worked as a bank executive and had previously been a member of the board of Amtrak prior to working with Burisma advising them on navigating the U.S. legal system. He has had personal issues such as being seperated from the Navy due to testing positive on a drug test, and he’s had various marital problems, but the idea that he’s some kind of untalented layabout who rests entirely on a father’s laurels simply isn’t the case. I mean, he not Don Trump Jr. or anything.
Obviously various members of the GOP House caucus have caught this disease too. Gym Jordan, Mark Meadow, Elise Stefanik all seem to have fairly acute cases. But then the infection spread to Senator John Kennedy (R-LA) when he proclaimed Ukraine was behind the attack on our 2016 election.
Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) on Sunday still pushed President Donald Trump’s conspiracy theory that Ukraine was behind the DNC email hacks even after former NSC senior director Fiona Hill firmly debunked the claim.
“Senator Kennedy, who do you believe was responsible for hacking the DNC and Clinton campaign computers, their emails?” Fox News host Chris Wallace asked. “Was it Russia or Ukraine?”
Kennedy responded with “I don’t know, nor do you, nor do any of us. Ms. Hill-” before Wallace cut in.
“Let me just interrupt to say the entire intelligence community says it was Russia,” the Fox News host said.
“Right, but it could also be Ukraine,” Kennedy replied.
So the idea here is that NSA, CIA, FBI and Mueller investigation all looked into the source of the hacks which led to email released by Wikileaks for almost two years and all they came up with is non-committal shrug?
“Who did it?”
“Uh, I don’t know — it could have been the tooth fairy, maybe it was Robin Hood and 7 dwarves? But you don’t know either, see!”
Yeah, we do know. The Senate Intelligence Committee knows and said that Russia was responsible for the hacks and active measures in no uncertain terms.
The Senate Intelligence Committee has just released the first section of its report on 2016 Russian interference, which found that hackers likely tried to access election systems in all 50 states, confirming widespread fears that America’s election system may not be secure from attack.
For the past two and a half years, the panel led by Chair Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) and Vice Chair Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA) has reviewed the intelligence that the Kremlin sought to meddle in the last presidential election, an effort separate from the highly partisan probe in the House that ended in 2018 and found no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
The document released on Thursday afternoon — one day after former special counsel Robert Mueller testified in front of Congress on his effort — is not the entirety of the committee’s findings. It’s one of five volumes the panel will release over the coming month. This report focuses specifically on Russian efforts to infiltrate election infrastructure — that is, the actual systems that allow citizens to vote across the country.
The heavily redacted report contains almost entirely known information, so in that sense it’s not a bombshell document. But it does detail how Russia “directed extensive activity, beginning in at least 2014 and carrying into at least 2017, against US election infrastructure at the state and local level.”
And then you had the amazing announcement by Secretary of State Pompeo that we need to investigate Ukraine for the “Hacking and Interference.”
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo signaled on Tuesday that he would be open to investigating President Donald Trump’s bogus conspiracy theory that Ukraine, not Russia, interfered in the 2016 elections, even though that claim has been thoroughly debunked.
“Any time there is information that indicates that any country has messed with American elections, we not only have a right but a duty to make sure we chase that down,” Pompeo said when asked if the U.S. would pursue an investigation into the conspiracy theory.
The U.S. intelligence community has concluded unequivocally that it was Russia who meddled in the 2016 election, and last week former National Security Council adviser Fiona Hill slammed the Ukraine conspiracy theory as a “fictional narrative” propagated by “Russian security services themselves.”
Yet Pompeo pushed the false claim anyway on Tuesday, asserting that the U.S. “should leave no stone unturned.”
“Whatever nation it is that we have information that so much as suggests that there might have been interference or an effort to interfere in our elections, we have an obligation to make sure that the American people get to go to the ballot box, cast their ballots in a way that is unimpacted by these malevolent actors trying to undermine our Western democratic values,” he said.
So yeah, I think if the CIA, the NSA, the FBI, Mueller the Democratic House Intelligence report and/or the Senate Intel committee had found evidence that an. entirely. different. country. had also hacked and interfered in our election… they just might have mentioned it by now. They just might have brought the subject up.
I think they might have noticed such a thing.
I might have been part of the discussion previously, not just suddenly coming up now.
And what’s worse, Pompeo was HEAD OF THE CIA while these investigations were going on. Is he saying he got a briefing about Ukrainian interference and never brought it up until now?
What is this delusion? Where does it come from? I mean, besides the Kremlin and Putin.
For years now, Russia has sought to frame Ukraine for its own actions interfering with the 2016 presidential election, the New York Times reported, citing three American officials. And, despite being briefed on Russia’s efforts, some in Congress are pushing these conspiracy theories, as seen in Republicans’ questions and speeches during the impeachment hearings.
According to the Times, beginning in 2017, Russian intelligence agents spread misinformation that Ukraine was behind the 2016 election hacking, mixing facts — that a very small number Ukranians did try to stop Trump from being elected — with blatant conspiracy theories. These agents, trying to mask the source of this smear campaign, then used oligarchs and businessmen as intermediaries to spread the information to American politicians and journalists. American intelligence officials have briefed senators and their aides on this very issue in recent weeks.
The throughline between Russian and Republican talking points is blatantly obvious. On Wednesday, Russian President Vladimir Putin continued to push the notion of Ukrainian meddling. He even celebrated that US politicians were forwarding Russian talking points on the matter. “We see what is going on there in the US now. Thank God nobody is accusing us anymore of interfering in the US elections. Now they’re accusing Ukraine,” he said.
Yeah, Thank God. You see what he did there?
This ploy is thinly transparent and weak, and yet the GOP keeps falling for it like Lucy and the football. It’s almost enough to think they don’t know what the frack they’re talking about it.
Here are the rest of this weeks daily events:
November 23rd —
- USAID has been forced to cut 80% of its staff which has hampered their ability to manage to $1 Billion in humanitarian aid they’ve provided to Iraq.
- Parnas claims that he facilitated a meeting between Devin Nunes and Viktor Shokin in Vienna where Nunes requested dirt on Biden.
- DOJ IG Horowitz report will debunk the claim of Anti-Trump bias by the heads of the FBI during 2017-2018. It will also confirm that the Carter Page FISA request was legal and valid. Basically all the main conspiracy theories about the Mueller/Russia investigation will be debunked.
- FOIA Docs indicate the Pompeo had several calls with Giuliani before Yovanovich’s ouster.
- House Armed Services Chair Adam Smith (D-WA) says that Devin Nunes will probably face an ethics investigation for his association with Lev Parnas.
- Trump’s Ukraine theories are the cray cray.
November 24th —
- David Jolly lays out how Democrats should make obstruction central to their impeachment case.
- Douglas Brinkley states that Giuliani appears to be “unraveling” based on his latest Fox Interview where he claimed that if Trump tosses him under the bus, he has “insurance.”
- Trump attacks Pelosi and the “Do Nothing Democrats” again, although they stopped several times to vote during the impeachment hearings.
- Adam Schiff doesn’t rule out more hearings, but says the evidence against Trump is “overwhelming.”
- On Jake Tapper’s State of the Union Adam Schiff slaps aside Tapper’s assertion that the impeachment process is partisan, putting the load on biased Republicans. Senator Rick Santorum claims that Dems didn’t make their case for Impeachment and references the Ron Johnson letter which is full of conspiracy theories and nonsense and admits that Dems could never provide enough information to convince Senate Repubs. Mia Love Love states she doesn’t believe soliciting election help from a foreign country is Impeachable. [Yeah, but it’s a clear violation of campaign finance laws, so it’s criminal.]
- Nunes claims that CNN and the Daily Beast are involved in “criminal activities” because they reported Parnas lawyers claim that Nunes met with Shokin in Vienna. He threatens to sue and says he “working with law enforcement.”
- Senator Kennedy reveals to Chris Wallace that he buys into the Ukraine/DNC conspiracy theory claiming “You don’t know, nobody knows” whether Russia or Ukraine hacked the DNC. He says Fiona Hill “has her opinion.” [Which was based on the classified intel report on the Russian attack, also the Senate Intelligence report instead of Russian propaganda.]
- Bloomberg enters the 2020 race.
- WH emails reveal that Mike Mulvaney was searching around for legal justification for withholding the Ukraine funds after the fact.
- WH demanded Lindsay Graham stop a bill recognizing the Armenian Genocide in order to appease Erdogan.
- Parnes hands over video and audio recording of Trump and Giuliani.
- Navy Secretary Richard Spencer is forced out after opposing Trump on restoring the Seal status of a convicted War Criminal. He says that Trump’s decision “Dishonors the Military” and writes a scathing letter on his way out the door.
- Judge orders McGahn to testify before Congress against Trump’s demand.
- CNN Anchor John King trashes Nunes excuses about meeting Shokin; “Horseshit.”
- SCOTUS freeze House subpoena of Trump financials until they can review the case.
- WSJ reports that Parnas and Fruman tried to rope Ukraine energy official Andrew Favorov in a takeover of the state oil and gas company, Naftogaz,
- Trump is asking “What’s going on with Drudge” after they post negative coverage of his impeachment. [He spit out the Kool-aid?]
- Rick Perry: “Trump is the chosen one.”
- Giuliani had considered getting involved in another Ukrainian legal dispute but didn’t. He also offered to help Dmitri Firtash fight extradition in exchange for dirt on Biden.
- Trump threatens reporters with being attacked by a Special Forces Dog “if you open your mouths, you will be attacked.”
- Russian trolls are planting feel-good stories on social media.
- Shuckabee says she’s been called to run for office, but she “doesn’t like being called a liar.”
- Eric Swalwell (D-CA) flattens Graham’s claims of Biden’s “conflict of interest” by pointing out that Trump gave WH jobs to Jared and Ivanka.
- Another Cultist; Nikki Haley claims God put Trump in the White House. [No, Russia did.]
- Former Clinton speechwriter David Kusnet, who predicted the author of “Primary Colors” claims that Anonymous is a former Pentagon staffer Guy Snodgrass.
- WH is holding up $100 Million in Congressional funds for Lebanon.
- Roy Moore says we need to return to 60’s morality: “We had the pledge of allegiance, now we have drag-queens teaching kindergarten.”
- WSJ: Feds are looking at more than a half-dozen charges against Giuliani.
- Pro-Trump Christian cult paints his critics as being influenced by demons.
- Nunes may be a witness to an international criminal conspiracy led by Giuliani while his hometown paper accuses him of coordinating with Trump on Impeachment rhetoric.
- David Pecker has met with NYSD prosecutors.
- Americans are paying $40 Billion in tariffs to China due to Trump.
- Schiff is preparing to hand-off Impeachment to the Judiciary committee and should have a Ukraine report ready after Thankstaking.
- Graham tells Biden he’s not being controlled by Trump.
- Dmitri Firtash is now claiming he was “unwillingly sucked into” Giuliani’s Biden Quest.
- SecDef Esper says Trump ordered him to restore the Seal credentials of a War Criminal.
- Kevin McCarthy’s pro-Trump ad uses stock footage from Russia.
November 26th —
- Texas Republicans deliver their 2020 election playbook into Dem inboxes.
- Former Navy Sec Spencer says he acted to preserve the “Resiliency” of the Navy.
- Hannity suggests he has details on Nunes meeting Shokin.
- DOJ asks Judge to pause the McGahn subpoena decision.
- Sen Kevin Cramer (R-ND) says Kushner will get frustrated trying to build the border wall before he gets results.
- Sen Kennedy (R-LA) walks back his claims in support of the Ukraine-DNC conspiracy: “I was wrong.” [No, shit?]
- House sues to enforce Census subpoenas against Barr and Ross.
- Trump wants to bring his pardoned murdering war criminals on stage at his rallies. [Feel the Jack Bauer!] and claims to Bill O’Reilly that he didn’t tell Rudy to go to Ukraine for Biden dirt. [Right, then who did?]
- Bolton’s lawyer says the McGahn ruling has no bearing on his client, even though the Judge specifically said it also affected national security persons.
- Melania gets booed by Middle and High School students in Baltimore.
- Pompeo floats the idea of investigating the Ukraine hoax, again.
- House Judiciary schedules Impeachment hearings for Dec 5th, and invites Trump’s lawyers to participate.
- DNC Vice Chairman Michael Blake blasts Tucker Carlson (who roots for Russia) during a Fox Interview: “Why does he still have a job here?”
- FOIA Docs indicate that the WH officially froze the Ukraine money just hours after the 7/25 Zelensky call and that Trump learned about the Whistleblower complaint two weeks before eventually releasing the Ukraine funds.
- State Dept. Official Phillip Reeker gives a deposition to the House that talks about tweets that suggested “violence” against Amb. Marie Yovanovich and that two WH OMB Officials resigned in protest when the money was frozen.
- Lawyer argues that Devin Nunes can’t sue a fictional cow: “They don’t have thumbs.”
November 27th —
- Trump is not expected to send his lawyer to the Judiciary hearings, he is gearing up the fight the “war on Thanksgiving” and he was told in mid August by Pat Cippilone and John Eisenberg about the Whistleblower where he was likely told the phrase “quid pro quo”, he later was asked about whether he “asked for anything from Ukraine” by Ron Johnson and denied it on the same day that Sondland texted Taylor “There is no quid pro quo!” He says he wants to “Fight Impeachment” but probably won’t show up for the hearings.
- Judge puts Flynn sentencing on hold until after the IG report is released.
- House argues to the Judge that the McGahn subpoena request shouldn’t be delayed because of the ongoing Impeachment hearings, while the DOJ asks the appeals court to halt the request.
- Hannity suggests O’Reilly should come back to the “No #1 slot” on Fox News. [The hordes of women he sexually harassed while there last time are not consulted.]
- Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson temporarily halts her order for the McGahn subpoena for 7 days.
- Docs obtained by the NYTimes indicates that Giuliani pursued $Thousands in contract and retainers in Ukraine while looking for dirt on Trump’s rivals.
- Fux & Fools hosts whine about Trump supporters being called a “Cult” after they scream obscenities at his latest rallies.
- Glenn Simpson says that “Sex is probably the one thing you can’t blackmail Trump over.”
- Advance news about the DOJ IG report indicates that it debunks Trump’s claim that the FBI spied on him.
- GAO indicates they’ve found at least 32 foreign companies that are posing as American owned and operated businesses in order to steal defense secrets.
- Giuliani lashes out at CNN for quoting him accurately on Ukraine when he said he never sought help from Dmitri Firtash, but in an NYTimes interview he says he met with a member of Firtash’s legal team to get info “helpful to Trump.” Then his lawyer forced him to call up Trump and say “he was only kidding about Insurance.” [Way to cling to the bus axle there Rudy!]
- Max Boot explains Trump’s freaky “War On Thanksgiving” conspiracy theory.
- DHS set up a fake University to arrest foreign and void the visa of Foreign students for signing up with it.
- Gordon Sondland’s disregard for protocol and the interagency process and procedures had alerted National Security Officials to his behavior and he had 3 separate harassment claims against him.
November 28th —
- Anti-Trump Conservative site The Bulwark states that the Republican party is now controlled by the Alt-Right Fringe.
- China is furious with Trump over his pro-Hong Kong laws supporting Democracy.
- Gretchen Carlson slams Hannity for asking O’Reilly to come back onto Fox.
- Ken Cuccinelli gets an earful about caging children from former Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley at a DC bar.
- Former Navy Secretary Spencer slams Trump in a blistering Op-Ed.
- Joe Walsh on Trump and the War on Thanksgiving: “We have a President who makes shit up.”
- Former GOP Rep. Charlie Dent says that his fellow Republicans tell him Trump makes them “absolutely exhausted.”
- Senior Military officers are reluctant to appear with Trump over fears of what he might say.
- Fox News Host fact checks Trump and Bill Barr about his campaign being surveilled by the FBI and Obama.
November 29th —
- Ukraine prosecutors say there’s been no request for a Biden-Burisma probe.
- Trump announces renewed peace talks with the Taliban during a surprise visit to Afghanistan.
- After three sexual misconduct allegations, Sondland still won’t resign.
- Boris Johnson to Trump: Stay out of our elections. [He has no boundaries with that.]
- Former Navy Sec: Trump has “very little understanding of fighting ethically.” [None, what so ever.]
- Stephen Miller is facing no internal consequences for his 900 bigoted emails to Breitbart.
- Nine GOP establishments are buying up copies of Don Jr’s book to artificially boost it’s “popularity.”
- Kid Rock gives a drunken bigoted rant over Oprah and Joy Behar. [Because of course, he does.]
- Brian Kilmeade excuses the Rocky Balboa/Trump edited photo by saying that “Hong Kong Protestors see Rocky Balboa when they look at Trump.” [They what now??!!]
- There is apparently no evidence that the Trump-Sondland “No quid pro quo” phone call from 9/9/19 ever took place.