If you root around in right wing social media, you will find two themes:
1. It’s just the elderly, so no big deal.
2. Andrew Cuomo is the greatest monster in human history.
Your right wing brother-in-law will endlessly cite statistics showing the average age, or the deaths in nursing, but will never answer these questions:
1. Why does it matter that a large percentage of deaths are elderly and/or in nursing?
2. Trump said again, “kids are immune.” That’s a dangerous lie. Can you defend that?
3. True or false: There is evidence kids, teens and ‘20s-‘30s develop chronic conditions from Covid
And Marco (uninteded ironic Bible quote) Rubio is going hard on number one.
So then why don’t we make it our singular priority to protect people over 65, especially those in nursing & longterm care facilities?
— Marco Rubio (@marcorubio) August 9, 2020
Twitter responds with facts. Like your right wing BBIL
Great idea. Encase everyone over 65 in hermetically sealed biodomes. That makes a lot of sense!
— Abraham Lincoln (@Real_ALincoln) August 9, 2020
I am 68 and NOT in a nursing home but my 70 year old husband and I cannot live a life because of younger people who think they are invincible and keep putting everyone else at risk. We are not on our deathbed. Our parents lived until well into their 80s. Behave. WEAR MASKS!
— Paula hendry (@PHendryca8) August 9, 2020
Death isn’t COVID’s only cost. The long term at times debilitating illness that millions of Americans are going to be left to suffer through will quite likely cripple us. But then again, you know this.
— Ethan Embry (@EmbryEthan) August 9, 2020
Rubio: Spouting the party line and clueless as ever/