Well, my little Basement Kitty has successfully passed another Halloween, racing from window to window to tell Mom there were goblins outside. Goblins aka trick or treaters, wild turkeys, other neighborhood kitties, and other assorted scary things.
All of which go bump on the side of the trailer. The turkeys like to peck on the siding because they like the sound, neighborhood kiddos like to fist bump the side as they go by, and the kitties, although silent, are by far the worst offenders. Just their being in HIS yard makes it an affront to all things right and proper.
I didn’t actually see too many trick or treaters though. Normally I love trick or treaters, but I was Not Feeling Well.
I received my COVID booster on Saturday (yay!). I tend to react rather strongly to them and this time was no exception. A nasty headache, achy flu-ey feeling, and a bit of roiling gastric distress added up to a rather miserable Sunday for Yours Truly. Better now, but still feeling rather punk. Totally predictable, and a small price to pay for protection from COVID.
So, I apologize for the brevity of this tale. I am ok, but still not feeling really up to par. But you know, I have my two little nurses, who take such good care of me.
Happy Samhain all! Still a bit whoopsy today, but improving. Hope you all got all the Halloween treats your little hearts desire! Hugs.
PWB Peeps is a group that posts a daily diary and nightly open thread for animal lovers. We share photos, seek & give advice about pet health and behavior issues, support each other in times of sadness and stress, celebrate together when times are good, and on most days have an inordinate amount of fun.
You are welcome to join us!
Here are few not-too-onerous PWB rules
- Do not “Troll” the Pootie Peeps Diaries. If you don’t like animal diaries, there’s no need to tell us about it. Just go find some other diary more to your liking.
- Whatever happens in the outer blog STAYS in the outer blog. This is a place to relax and play; please treat it accordingly.
- If you would like a pic from the comment threads, please ask the poster. He/she may have a copyright to those pics. Many thanks!
- There are some pics we never post: snakes, creepy crawlies, any and all photos that depict or encourage human cruelty toward animals. These are considered “out of bounds” and will not be tolerated.
- If you’re not sure about an issue…please ask. Someone is always glad to help
This is a Creative Commons article. The original version of this article appeared here.