GOP House leader McCarthy pulled a last minute stunt by offering a privileged resolution that condemned Speaker Pelosi and demanded that she reappoint the original gang of five to the Jan. 6 committee.
Moments ago, as expected, the House voted 218-197, largely along party lines, to kill the privileged resolution; Cheney and Kinzinger voted Yes with all Democrats.
The GOP is a joke, a dangerous one at that.
Now McCarthy and others can go back to whining to their base about kick-ass Pelosi and how she is so mean to them.
And juvenile name-calling –
Adam Kinzinger responds –
Liz Cheney calls it childish –
Let the hearings begin … tomorrow morning. Let them be afraid, very afraid … of the truth.
Here is what appears to be the GOP plan (if you may call it that) for the next few weeks —
- Blame the insurrection on Pelosi. And the FBI. Antifa. BLM. And Hillary.
- Call the COVID-19 vaccine the “trump vaccine” and blame Biden and immigrants for the unvaccinated masses of the republican stripe.
- Call the COVID-19 virus the “Fauci virus” and keep attacking him with CTs.
- Keep pushing for recounts and recounts of recounts in AZ, GA, PA, wherever.
- Keep filibustering in the Senate every bill including the upcoming infrastructure bill.
- Maneuver to shut down the government over the debt ceiling.
- Relentlessly push voter suppression and voter disfranchisement efforts.
- Keep sucking their supporters dry with incessant demands for donations.
What do you think? How should we counter these tactics to help protect our Democracy?
This is a Creative Commons article. The original version of this article appeared here.