No more Trump Tower or luxury Hampton estate, the trappings of Paul Manafort’s expensive lifestyle are rapidly becoming history. Associated Press:
WASHINGTON — The federal government is moving to take control of the Trump Tower condo of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.
That property is one of several that Manafort agreed to forefeit under a plea deal last month with the office of special counsel Robert Mueller.
In a court filing Friday, prosecutors said the government would take control and custody on or after Oct. 20 of the Trump Tower condo and a luxury estate in the Hamptons. Mueller’s also moving to seize other New York properties of Manafort’s as well as funds from different bank accounts.
Maybe this is a foreshadowing of what’s in store for Donald Trump. Mayor Bill deBlasio didn’t mince words after the New York Times bombshell story on how generations of Trumps have been avoiding taxes:
“It’s clear to me that there are real ramifications right now to what has been disclosed, either potential violations of law, or in cases where the statute of limitations has ended that there may be very serious civil penalties that can be applied by both the state and the city,” de Blasio said Wednesday. “The city of New York is looking to recoup any money that Donald Trump owes the people of New York City, period.”
Justice is a mill which grinds exceedingly fine. Trump isn’t going to escape the consequences of his actions forever. It only feels that way right now.
This is a Creative Commons article. The original version of this article appeared here.