Step-by-step, inch-by-inch. After setting some time aside because of the impending SCOTUS rulings, there’s at least a teaser for the post-recess hearings. No word as of yet as to witnesses. Updates when available.
The new scheduling comes after British documentary filmmaker Alex Holder, who had substantial access to then-President Donald Trump, his family and closest aides around the Jan. 6 attack, sat for an interview with the committee behind-closed-doors last week and handed over footage which includes interviews with Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump, son-in-law Jared Kushner and Vice President Mike Pence.
Lawmakers have also expressed interest in speaking to Ginni Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas as well as former Trump White House counsel Pat Cipollone.
Filmmaker Alex Holder tells The Independent that Eric Trump was unconcerned by the possibility that his father’s lies about the 2020 election could incite his supporters to violence
The British documentarian whose footage of former president Donald Trump and his family in the days leading up to the January 6 insurrection prompted a pause in the House January 6 select committee’s hearings says Mr Trump’s son Eric was unconcerned by the possibility that his father’s supporters would react violently to his lies alleging that the 2020 election was stolen.
Last week, filmmaker Alex Holder appeared to give evidence before the committee in an interview after turning over a copy of raw footage captured between September 2020 and mid 2021 for a documentary which will air this summer on Discovery+.
In an interview with The Independent, Mr Holder said Trump family members — and Eric Trump in particular — were unbothered by the idea that the often violent rhetoric they and their patriarch espoused after his loss to now-president Joe Biden would inspire his supporters to act out.
“When I asked Eric about the potential danger of sort of rhetoric and the sort of the belligerence, he felt that it was … fair game in that it … was sort of the equivalent on the other side of the political discourse, or he felt that it was the right thing to do … because the election was stolen,” he said.
At this moment, MSM and the select committee remains “stum” on revealing who the witness(es) are and the reasons for the timing. This “surprise” seems not to be any kind of bluff, but MSM projects that it won’t be a “John Dean” moment. Rather it seems driven by opportunity and timing. It is suggested that there will be a single witness, implying how important that might be. If it is Alex Holder, it will simply verify what will be a compelling video. To date, other than the tweets, there is nothing more publicly available than a brief 30 second video segment shown of Trump watching the attack in real time and his more official “we love you” send off to the rioters. Riveting TV coming, but you should review what’s already interesting by consulting Brandi Buchman’s story if you haven’t been keeping up with the hearings: www.dailykos.com/…
This is a Creative Commons article. The original version of this article appeared here.