how they feel in the other 49 states more liberal than Wyoming and HOW THEY WILL VOTE.
Yesterday, Gabe Ortiz posted: Wyoming Sen. Cynthia Lummis makes anti-trans remark during graduation speech, is resoundingly booed
We know how most young people feel. Four million of them are graduating in the next two months.
Now all we have to do is get them registered to vote. There are huge numbers of unregistered 18 year old voters.
- In Wisconsin: Fewer than 1,500 youth in Milwaukee and Dane Counties are registered to vote (4.5% in Milwaukee and 10.5% in Dane)
- In Pennsylvania: In the school districts with the largest student bodies, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, the rates were 15.2% and 14.5%,
- In Ohio: In the two most populous counties, Franklin and Cuyahoga, under 25% of 18-year-olds are registered to vote.
- In Arizona: fewer than 15% of 18-year-old residents of Arizona’s most populous counties, Maricopa County and Pima County, have registered to vote.
This is an enormous untapped progressive voting bloc.
What can you do about it?
For High School Seniors, help The Civics Center and its Ready to Vote Challenge:
- Sign up to gather information from schools to implement the Challenge
- Attend and Recruit for Civics Center trainings and workshops for the Challenge, including the High School Voter Registration Workshop on May 25
- Donate to them: In return for a donation of any amount, they will send you 10 Free Register to Vote Stickers
- Sign the Ready to Vote Challenge
For College Students, Volunteer and contribute to groups like Civic Influencers
This is a Creative Commons article. The original version of this article appeared here.