I think the GOP is starting to see the writing on the wall. They’ve noticed that something is in the water. They’re beginning to freak out that Trump is losing to Joe Biden and demands somebody in the WH stage an intervention.
Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) on Friday openly pleaded with White House officials to stage an intervention with President Donald Trump and make clear to him that he is going to lose badly unless he changes course.
Writing on Twitter, Grassley urged White House officials to make Trump read a Wall Street Journal editorial that warned the president is on track to face a “historic repudiation” at the ballot box.
“Will somebody with access to the Oval Office read the WSJ editorial ‘The Trump Referendum’ to President Trump,” Grassley wrote. “We won’t have more good SCOTUS justices or the best economy in 50 years like we have had if he doesn’t follow that advice.”
Grassley also railed about Trump’s interview with Sean Hannity the other night where he rambled incoherently when he was asked what he planned for his “2nd term.”
Does FOXNews want Trump Re-elected?Watched Hannity/Trump interview/KEY QUESTION”What goals in next term?Trump starts answer/gets off point and Hannity helps digress and that’s end of the most important Q to get FOUR MORE YEARS OF DRAINING THE SWAMP &Justices
— ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley) June 27, 2020
Even though they do excellent reporting the Wall Street Journal’s editorial page is still under the thumb of Rupert Murdoch, and the message they have for Trump isn’t good.
“Mr. Trump’s base of 35 percent or so will never leave, but the swing voters who stood by him for three and half years has fallen away in the last two months,” the editorial stated. “This includes suburban women, independents, and seniors who took a risk on him in 2016 as an outsider who would shake things up. Now millions of Americans are close to deciding that four more years are more risk than they can stand.”
Trump may still have his base, but he’s losing the swing voters that put him over the top. The former Bernie and Obama voters who decided to take a chance on Trump for their own economic interest in 2016 are finding they aren’t willing to roll the dice again in 2020.
This shouldn’t be surprising though, right? Everything Trump touches dies. We already knew this after Trump Shuttle, Trump Vodka, Trump Steaks, six bankruptcies and Trump University. The man is grossly incompetent. He survived in the 80’s because his father bailed him out, then in the 90’s and 2000’s because the Russian mob bailed him out.
Collusion or not, President Trump and the Russians are thick as thieves.
What I mean is that for more than three decades, at least 13 people with known or alleged links to the Russian Mafia held the deeds to, lived in or ran criminal operations out of Trump Tower in New York or other Trump properties. I mean that many of them used Trump-branded real estate to launder vast amounts of money by buying multimillion-dollar condos through anonymous shell companies. I mean that the Bayrock Group, a real estate development company that was based in Trump Tower and had ties to the Kremlin, came up with a new business model to franchise Trump condos after he lost billions of dollars in his Atlantic City casino developments, and helped make him rich again.Yet Trump’s relationship with the Russian underworld, a de facto state actor, has barely surfaced in the uproar surrounding Russia’s interference in the 2016 campaign. That oversight may be explained in part by journalist Michael Kinsley’s long-held maxim: The real scandal isn’t what’s illegal; it’s what is legal.[…]As Oleg Kalugin, a former head of counterintelligence for the KGB, told me in an interview for my book “House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia,” the Mafia amounts to “one of the branches of the Russian government today.” Where Americans cracked down on the Italian American Mafia, Putin dealt with the Russian mob very differently. He co-opted it. He made it an integral part of his Mafia state. Russian gangsters became, in effect, Putin’s enforcers. They had long and deep relationships. According to a tape recording made by former Russian agent Alexander Litvinenko a year before he was fatally poisoned in London, Putin had close ties to Semion Mogilevich, a top mobster, that dated to the early 1990s.
Longtime Trump associates Felix Sater and Michael Cohen both have ties to the Mogilevich crime family that go back decades. For the record.
Trump has now shown he cares more about inanimate statues than he cares about American citizens, so why should he care that Russia has been paying the Taliban a bounty for killing American soldiers at the same time he’s been trying to negotiate a “peace treaty” with them.
The news late yesterday was chilling: Russians have been paying Taliban militants to kill Americans in Afghanistan even as peace talks with the Taliban were under way, intelligence sources told The New York Times.
And Donald Trump has known about this intelligence since the beginning of March and has done nothing about it.
The Toimes said U.S intelligence has evidence that a Russian military spy unit has been paying Islamic militants linked to the Taliban to target Americans and other coalition troops. Just why Russia is doing this remains murky: Perhaps Russia wanted to break up peace talks with violence against Americans, perhaps it was in retaliation for a U.S. attack in Syria that unintentionally killed Russian soldiers.
Whatever it was or is, no one knows how many of the 20 Americans killed last year in Afghanistan were targeted this way. It’s a different picture than Trump appearing with U.S. troops for a celebratory photo.
According to a report from POLITICO, a Senate committee is targeting former Obama administration officials once again in an investigation targeting Joe Biden’s son, demanding transcribed interviews and documents.
“The renewed scrutiny from the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee comes amid intensifying efforts by President Donald Trump to target Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, over what the president and his allies portray as a corruption scandal that disqualifies the former vice president,” POLITICO reports.
Hunter Biden is a dry hole. He was the lawyer for Burisma advising them on abiding by U.S. laws — or at least looking like they were. They put him on their board to do the same thing. He was there to “Keep them honest” and burnish their reputation not help them do more corruption. They’re going to find nothing. This is a Hail Mary play to save Trump’s ass.
It’s not likely to work. It’s not likely to stop Trump’s worst enemy from continuing to destroy his reputation. That enemy, is Trump himself.
Here are the remaining events for this week:
June 20th —
- Nadler invites Berman to testify before House Judiciary.
- Judge rejects DOJ’s request to halt Bolton’s book release.
- Pence bends over backward to not say “Black Lives Matter.” [You’d think he was saying “Radical Domestic White Supremacist Terrorist.”]
- Six Trump staffers doing advance work on the Tulsa rally have tested positive for covid-19.
- Trump denies being involved in firing Berman, but Barr delivers a letter saying he’s been fired by Trump. He also claims Bolton “will have bombs dropped on him.”
- Berman decides to reverse course and leaves immediately, leaving his deputy in charge instead of Barr’s hand-picked lackey.
- Trump and Pence scrap their outside overflow address because there is no outside overflow crowd.
- Rally goer in an “I can’t breathe” t-shirt is arrested at the request of the campaign. She’s then taken for a mental evaluation to prevent her from talking to the press.
- Thousands of seats remain empty at Trump’s rally.
- During his speech Trump: [This is what people risked their lives for.]
- Defends Confederate monuments.
- Says he wants to ban flag burning, and again attacks kneeling NFL players.
- Does an extended explanation/display of how he can walk down a ramp and he drinks a glass of water with one hand to rousing applause.
- Blames the media and the protestors — whom he calls ‘thugs” — for the empty seats.
- Claims he has “much better hair” than his critics.
- Says that Covid-19 testing is a “double-edged sword, you do more testing you’re going to find more cases” and that he told his staff to “slow the testing down, please.” [This has caused thousands of unnecessary deaths because we couldn’t isolate and do contact tracing of positive victims.]
- He calls Covid-19 the racist term “Kung Flu.”
- He says that Joe Biden is controlled by the “radical left-wing mob” including AOC and Ilhan Omar.
- He spends less than 30 seconds talking about the covid-19 victims and death toll.
- 119,000 Americans have died due to Covid-19.
- Peter Navarro says Trump was “joking” about slowing down the testing. He also claims that China “unleashed” this virus onto the world.
- The low turn out at his rally reportedly has Trump “fuming.”
June 22nd —
- Trump claims his niece is “not allowed” to publish her book on him. He claims mail-in ballots will be printed by Foreign countries.
- Bolton says Impeachment taught Trump he could “get away with it.” [He knew that after Russia-gate.]
- NASCAR is investigating a noose found in African-American driver Bubba Wallace’s garage at Talladega.
- WHO reports the largest single-day spike in Covid-19 cases.
- Fox and Friends host wonders “who thought an indoor rally was a good idea?” [All the people currently running the country.]
- Trump campaign blames the media for the poor rally turn out. [Yeah, they scared them with truthful stories about the likelihood of contracting a deadly virus at an indoor rally. That’s called doing their job.]
- Tennesee paper apologies for printing an ad that claims “Islam will detonate a Nuke in Nashville.” [Why Nashville, they hate music? How’s it gonna get there, Fed-ex?]
- Shuckabee crawls out of the lobbyist swamp to declare Bolton is “drunk on power” [He’s currently unemployed, probably not gonna get paid for his book and the most hated man by both sides of the aisle.]
- McEneny insists Trump “wasn’t angry at all” about the low turnout. She also denies Trump said “Kung Flu” and tries to play jujitsu attacking the media for saying “Chinese Corona Virus” a few times as if that was the same thing. She says Berman was canned because his replacement wanted to live in NYC.
- WH ends mandatory temperature tests for staff and visitors.
- WSJ reports that before he resigned Berman beefed with the DOJ over their Covid letter to DeBlasio.
- US Attorney, FBI and DOJ are “reviewing” the NASCAR noose situation.
- WH advisor Kevin Hassett’s 90 days are up and he’s leaving.
- Trump doesn’t confirm that he asked for a “testing slow down” or that he was joking.
- Illinois Councilman who made the comments about BLM protestors “Breeding” resigns.
- Biden commits to three debates with Trump despite Giuliani’s push for more.
- Nigel Farage scored a seat at the rally due to “National Interest.”
- Schumer says Trump has still failed to distribute critical Covid-19 funding. He also says that the GOP’s police reform bill is a “half-hearted substitute for real reform.”
- Jared and Ivanka tried to give Pence the boot before 2020.
- Two more members of Trump’s advance team test positive for Covid-19, and two Secret Service agents too. [That’s 10 people in total, how do you think the audience did?.]
- Schumer says that the GOP Police Reform bill is a “half-hearted substitute for real reform.”
- Trump’s claim of slowing down the testing matches what state health officials observed. Also, the Senate notices $14 Billion in left over testing funds.
- John Bolton says he had to tell Trump things over and over again because they “wouldn’t sink in.” He also says Kim Jong Un got a big kick out of Trump being so easily swayed by flattery.
- Oregon Church that cited Trump to ignore rules on public gatherings now has 236 Covid-19 cases.
- Bill Barr to be subpoenaed to testify on the politicization of the DOJ. [He’s already under a subpoena from last year and hasn’t shown up yet.]
- Army private accused of planning to ambush his own unit with an occult neo-Nazi group.
- 120,000 Americans are dead from Covid-19.
June 23rd —
- Trump threatens to use “serious force” against protestors in DC. He says he wasn’t joking about slowing down testing: “I don’t kid.” He tweets a race-baiting video of black men attacking white people. [Did they have badges and act as agents of the state?] He complains that Dr. Fauci has higher popularity than he has. He cares more about statues than people dying of covid-19. He holds his rally in Pheonix and again says “Kung Flu” then he goes on an extended conspiracy-laden rant about Mail-in voting. He also thinks CoronoaVirus testing is a plot to destroy him. [Maybe it isn’t, but it will]
- Nadler poised to subpoena Barr over the messy firing of Berman.
- Giuliani claims that BLM “wants to come and take your house away.” Giuliani also claims Berman was fired because he wouldn’t investigate Hunter Biden.
- Pheonix mayor urges Trump to wear a mask at his upcoming event.
- Ammon Bundy and Co. stage a special session at the Idaho Capitol to reverse Covid-19 orders.
- RNC produces a video on mail-in voting filled with falsehoods about Ballot Harvesting.
- Senate Dems call the GOP police reform bill “not salvageable.”
- Feds about to bail on supporting COVID testing in Texas and other states.
- Dr. Fauci denies being told to slow down testing.
- Hogan Gidley is moving from WH communications to the Trump campaign.
- Idaho special session to limit Governors Covid powers ends in a whimper.
- Roger Stone prosecutor explains “political influence” in the Roger Stone case that brought his sentence down from 9 years to 40 months.
- Dr. Birx urges Governers to ramp up testing as Trump tries to stifle it.
- EU prepares to block travel from the US due to Trump’s covid bungling.
- Governor Abbott recommends that Texans stay at home as Covid cases surge.
- Police use pepper spray and flash-bang grenades on protestors outside Trump’s Pheonix rally.
- White supremacists suspected of painting N*gger and “Tump 2020” on walls of destroyed Santa Fe restaurant.
- The detective who killed Breonna Taylor is fired.
- Lindsey Graham rejects Trump’s claim that Obama is guilty of treason: “I don’t know what he’s talking about.” [He thinks Obama was the mastermind behind investigating people who used to be in his campaign for links to Russians and not telling anyone before he was elected, and somehow that’s “treason.” Actually, it was Comey and Preistab and they did it as patriots.]
- Trump’s niece Mary claims he took advantage of is “mentally impaired” father to score more cash from his will.
- Bolton is not certain Trump will exit the WH if defeated.
- WSJ reports that Chinese nationals with government ties have funneled $thousands into Trump’s re-election.
- The NASCAR noose had been hanging in Garage #4 since last October and wasn’t directed at Bubba Wallace. [Although theoretically someone who knew the noose was there could have directed Bubba to that garage.]
- Biden calls Trump’s Arizona visit “reckless and irresponsible.”
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta is aghast at Trump’s maskless Arizona rally: “Ridiculous — it defies logic.”
- 121,000 Americans have died due to Covid-19.
June 24th —
- Most Jacksonville voters don’t want the RNC Convention in their city.
- Judge wants to hear more from the DOJ on whether to delay Roger Stone’s surrender date.
- Appeals court orders Judge Sullivan to dismiss the Flynn case. Trump takes a victory lap: “Great!” [Spiking the ball on the 1-yard line while Congress is looking at political corruption in the DOJ is not smart, also this can still be appealed.]
- Trump suggests that Covid-19 is “past” during his press event with the Presiden of Poland. Trump also told the Sec of Interior to put a confederate statue back up in Washington.
- Facebook can’t keep up with all the bigoted “Boogaloo” content posted by anti-government extremists.
- Congressional Black Caucus slams GOP police reform bill as “completely watered-down fake reform.”
- North Carolina Gov. orders everyone to wear masks in public.
- HHS’s Caputo yells at journos over coverage of feds bailing on covid testing sites.
- Sen Patty Murray slams Trump admin for pulling funds from Covid testing sites.
- Cornyn joins Cruz and calls for continued federal support of covid test sites.
- Illinois Gov accuses Trump of slowing down testing in states.
- Rubio: Just wear a damn mask.
- Judge rules Devin Nunes can’t sue twitter over trolling by a fake cow.
- Judge Sullivan delays all proceedings after Circuit Appeals court orders dismissal of Flynn case.
- Youtube suspends the account of Proud Boys founder Gavin McGinnis.
- Boogaloo militia members have infiltrated the US military.
- Trump’s brother files restraining order against his niece.
- DOJ Prosecutor Aaron Zelinsky testifies that political concerns caused the Roger Stone sentencing to be severely cut short.
- Dems votes down the motion to consider on the GOP police reform bill.
June 25th —
- Trump-loving Governors are finally realizing the danger of Covid-19; “Reality is hitting them one by one.”
- Dozens of Secret Service officers ordered to self-quarantine after Trump’s Tulsa rally.
- Chinese spies penetrated the White House. [???!!!]
- 1.5 Million jobless claims (47.5 Million total)
- Sen Tim Scott accuses Dems of playing “Race Politics” with the police reform bill.
- Texas Governor Abbott orders a slowdown in the re-opening due to spiking covid cases.
- Scaramuchi: Trump will roll out “much more racist pitch” to appeal to his white base. [More racist than “Kung Flu?”]
- Cuomo rips DeSantis: “You played politics with this virus and lost.”
- Kevin McCarthy lashes out at a reporter for asking him about Trump’s “Kung Flu” rant.
- Judge tosses the Trump families attempt to block publication of Mary Trump’s tell-all book.
- “Treason, Sedition, Insurrection.”: Trump flips his wig over a Fox News interview with a Black Live Matter leader Hank Newsome who threatens to “burn down the system and replace it.” He also talked about using his 2nd Amendment rights if necessary. [Meanwhile, he wants to save monuments to people who did commit Treason, Sedition and Insurrection!] Then he losses it again after he learns NYC will paint “Black Lives Matter” in the street in front of Trump Tower.
- Conservatives rage when they discover the new Splash Mountain revamp will feature Disney’s only black princess. [This is an upgrade from “Song of the South” which is what they had before.]
- Trump 2020 staffers told to self-quarantine after contact with colleagues in Tulsa.
- Carly Fiorina is voting for Biden.
- Dixie Chicks remove the “Dixie” from their name.
- Trump’s pick to replace Berman won’t agree to recuse from POTUS-linked cases.
- CDC: For every documented Covid-19 case, there are 10 more.
- WaPo reports on the link between Fox News, right-wing media and Covid denial.
- Details emerge on how Bill Barr tried to influence the Michel Cohen case.
- Pelosi says Barr is a “mess” but won’t back his Impeachment.
- 122,000 Americans are dead from covid-19.
- House passes police reform bill named after George Floyd. Also DC Statehood.
- Trump plays down devastation caused by covid-19 as an “artificial problem.”
- WH Covid task force holds it’s first briefing in almost two months.
- Confirmed covid-19 cases hit a new record high in the U.S.
- Trump admin asks the SCOTUS to end the ACA, again.
- Abbott reverses opening as Covid-19 surges in Texas.
- Barr challenged SDNY’s decision to prosecute Michael Cohen.
- State data doesn’t support Trump’s misleading testing claims.
- DOJ tells Judge they didn’t do Roger Stone any favors by delaying his prison start date. [Which isn’t the question, the question was did they reduce his sentencing recommendation for political reasons.]
- HHS is forced to keep TX Covid testing sites open due to public outcry.
- Pence tries to spin good news on covid while the task force remains silent. A reporter calls him out to his face on conflicting rules on social distancing. He urges Americans to pray four times, but not once to wear a mask.
- SCOTUS rebuffs dem demand to expand absentee voting in TX.
- Reporter who covered the Tulsa rally tests positive for Covid.
- DOJ is hiding a memo on why Trump wasn’t prosecuted for obstruction of justice.
- Senate Republicans revive the investigation of Hunter Biden.
- Chuck Grassley begs WH officials to stage an intervention with Trump — or face defeat in November.
- Irony alert: Ivanka Trump is the new face of “skills-based hiring” in government.
- Lindsay Graham declares “war” on anti-racist confederate statute activists who “Hate America” and want to “Destroy the Family.” [So White Supremacy is the core of his family?]
- Judge orders Roger Stone to report to prison on July 14th.
- 125,000 Americans have died from Covid-19.
June 27th —
- Brave Trump takes steps to protect Inanimate objects. He boasts that his TV ratings are more important than the polls showing Biden leading him.
- Senator Grassley melts down over Fox News asking Trump what he planned for his 2nd term and letting him ramble incoherently.
- NYTimes reports that during his “peace talks” with the Taliban, Russia was paying them a bounty for every American soldier they killed.