The wait and the work are almost over—the elections are this Tuesday, November 6. Between now and then, though, we have to vote ourselves (if you haven’t already voted early), turn out our family and friends, and get out the vote in our communities. Here are some ways to GOTV, some important information sources, and resources for protecting the right to vote.
- Find a get out the vote event here, with Mobilize America. This is your one-stop shop for canvassing, rallies, phone banking and much more, all around the country. If you want to GOTV, click here and search.
- You can also remote phone bank with Second Chances Florida, a campaign to restore voting eligibility to 1.4 million Floridians.
- If you’re not ready to talk to strangers, VoteWithMe is a free app that will let you find out which of your contacts live in battleground districts and states, so you can remind them to vote.
But what about if you need help with some aspect of voting, or if one of the friends you contact through VoteWithMe doesn’t know where or how to vote? Here’s what you need:
- Where’s your polling place? Find out here.
- For people who vote by mail, postage can be stressful whether because of the cost or because you just don’t have a stamp lying around. Don’t worry: mail-in ballots will be delivered even without the right postage. If you have it, please use it, but if you don’t have it, you can still exercise your right to vote.
What about people who run into a roadblock to exercising their right to vote, though? There are thousands of trained nonpartisan volunteers staffing these hotlines—open now through election day—to answer questions and help address any problems voters have.
- English 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683)
- Spanish 888-VE-Y-VOTA (888-839-8682)
- Arabic 844-YALLA-US (844-925-5287)
- Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Bengali, Hindi, Urdu and Tagalog 888-API-VOTE (888-274-8683) –
- American Sign Language video call number: 301-818-VOTE (301-818-8683)
- SMS (text message) hotline (English): text OUR VOTE to 97779
Whatever you do, make sure you and your loved ones have voted by poll closing time on Tuesday. This is our best chance to put some limits on Donald Trump.
This is a Creative Commons article. The original version of this article appeared here.