When Trump said that he’s a sexual predator, he wasn’t joking. It’s funny how it’s easy to call women liars, but when men expose themselves for who they are it isn’t taken seriously. There’s a constant trail of evidence that Trump doesn’t care about women (as human beings), the concept of consent or treating anyone with a modicum of respect. And the yet-to-be-released book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff provides more evidence of that—if this is all true, of course.
The much-anticipated book has a passage highlighted and shared by NBC’s Katy Tur that details a very believable and series of acts that Trump enjoyed: trying to sleep with the wives of his friends. I’m not sure how they are “friends” if Trump is willing to create marital discord for a personal game of conquest.
Trump liked to say that one of the things that made life worth living was getting your friends’ wives into bed. In pursuing a friend’s wife, he would try to persuade the wife that her husband was perhaps not what she thought. Then he’d have his secretary ask the friend into his office; once the friend arrived, Trump would engage in what was, for him, more or less constant sexual banter. Do you still like having sex with your wife? How often? You must have had a better fuck than your wife? Tell me about it. I have girls coming in from Los Angeles at three o’clock. We can go upstairs and have a great time. I promise… And all the while, Trump would have his friend’s wife on the speakerphone, listening in.
There’s a lot to unpack in this vomit-inducing paragraph, so here’s just a few thoughts (which can all be summarized as Trump is a disgusting, sorry excuse of a human being).
- Trump sees women as trophies to conquer, not full autonomous human beings.
- Trump has a funny way of doing friendship. Does he really have any friends?
- This guy clearly has no respect for other people’s relationships and the institution of marriage. I’m judging all the so-called “values voters” supporting him.
- He calls women “ girls” in this scenario. When he’ s talking about sex. Ew.
- The phone set up is completely a call back to my middle school days where students would call another kid with a third classmate on a three-way wall. The third person would remain silent to see if their “friend” would take the bait and talk badly about them. If the friend takes the bait and talks crap, drama ensues. How childish is this man?
- It’s really manipulative for him to use this tactic that essentially tears a woman down so it’s easier to sleep with her. That’s some Grade A predatory pickup artist shit.
Here’s the original tweet below:
From Fire and Fury, here’s Trump on his friends’ wives –> pic.twitter.com/9imNBaSqm1
— Katy Tur (@KatyTurNBC) January 3, 2018
This is a Creative Commons article. The original version of this article appeared here.