On Tuesday, Donald Trump opened his morning with a series of tweets attacking Robert Mueller’s team and the investigation into the Trump campaign’s conspiracy with foreign operatives. However, after an extended tirade, Trump announced himself done with such petty matters!
Sorry, I’ve got to start focusing my energy on North Korea Nuclear, bad Trade Deals, VA Choice, the Economy, rebuilding the Military, and so much more, and not on the Rigged Russia Witch Hunt that should be investigating Clinton/Russia/FBI/Justice/Obama/Comey/Lynch etc.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 29, 2018
And now, just two days later, it’s time to check in with how Trump is doing with that “focusing.”
On the subject of North Korea, Trump has made … zero tweets. On trade deals … zero. In fact, the grand total of times he’s mentioned anything on his “focus” list after providing that list, would be zero.
Instead, Trump has …
- Issued four scathing tweets about Jeff Sessions’ recusing himself from the Russia investigation.
- Made three complaints about the ‘fake news’ or ‘failing media,’ two of which were about the Russia investigation.
- Promoted a Fox News contributor’s book about the Russia investigation.
- Repeated a Rush Limbaugh tweet about the Russia investigation.
- Made two complaints about ABC apologizing to Valerie Jarrett over racist remarks.
- Devoted two tweets to promoting Republican Rep. Dan Donovan, in which he says Donovan voted for the Trump tax bill. He didn’t.
So nine tweets about the Russia investigation, four about something else. None about the things Trump said he was going to focus on. That’s … really pretty amazing.