This just goes to show that kissing Donald Trump’s plentiful a$$ really can pay dividends.
I am pleased to announce that I intend to nominate highly respected Admiral Ronny L. Jackson, MD, as the new Secretary of Veterans Affairs….
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 28, 2018
Well, David Shulkin’s time in the barrel is finally over and the man who brought you Girther-Gate is in. You may recall Dr. Jackson’s first fateful turn at Trump’s White House podium last year: Here’s a few reminders on the load of crap that flew out of his mouth about Trump’s primo physique:
- ”Overall his health is excellent.”
- He’s 6’3” (1 inch taller than he used to be)
- He’s 239 lbs. (1 lb. shy of obese)
- “I told the President that if he had a healthier diet over the last 20 years he might live to be 200 years old.”
- “He has incredible genes.”
- “He is in the excellent range from a cardiac standpoint.”
- “He has a lot of energy and a lot of stamina.”
- “He’s very sharp and he’s very articulate when he speaks to me.”
- “There’s no indication whatsoever that he has any cognitive issues.”
Unfortunately, declaring the VA to be in “excellent health” isn’t going to do near as much for veterans as it apparently did for Trump. And Dr. Jackson has little-to-no applicable experience.
The VA is arguably the federal governmentÃ¢ÂÂs most chronically mismanaged bureaucracy. Trump has tapped to helm it a uniformed physician who, though well credentialed in medicine, has no apparent management experience.
— Philip Rucker (@PhilipRucker) March 28, 2018